Sunday, February 20, 2011

Motivation List - 10 Reasons to Exercise

When you’re brain is thinking of excuses why you don’t want to exercise, keeping a list of reasons why you exercise can give you the boost you need to get going.  Make copies of the list and keep it in places where you can refer to it if you need it: the bathroom mirror, your office wall, the refrigerator, on your night stand where you can read it when you get up in the morning.

Here’s my list:
  1. Exercise energizes me throughout the day and makes me feel peppy.
  2. I like having a slim body that looks good in clothes.
  3. I can eat a little more.
  4. I am in a better mood. A friend told me when he kept a journal, he noticed he felt consistently happier on the days he exercised.
  5. Since I exercise to music, it's a time when i can listen to my favorite music, which lifts my mood.
  6. I feel good about myself when I do things that are good for me and I feel bad about myself when I don't.
  7. When I exercise, I sometimes push my limits, a competition with myself and that gets my juices flowing.
  8. I can handle the frustrations of the day.
  9. It gives me the energy, flexibility and stamina I need to do fun things like hiking in Utah.
  10. I’ve seen older people deteriorate because they didn’t stay active and I don’t want that to happen to me.
These reasons might not work for you. What are your reasons? Think of things that might inspire you. Or perhaps things you want to avoid. 

Share your list with us, so we can we can have even more reasons to get moving.

Here are links other lists:

The 10 Best Reasons to Exercise


Ten Great Reasons to Exercise


The Many Reasons to Exercise


Ten Top Reasons to Exercise

1 comment:

  1. Make copies of the list and keep it in places where you can refer to it if you need it: the bathroom mirror, your office wall, the refrigerator, on your night stand where you can read it when you get up in the morning. Resources

    ReplyDelete